There were 2.1 million under-5 year old Iraqi infant deaths under Sanctions (1.2 million, 1990-2003) and US Coalition Occupation (0.9 million, 2003-2010) – however this has occasioned egregious Iraqi Holocaust Denial by the US Occupier and its Puppet Iraqi Régime.
Not only is the US involved in an ongoing Iraqi Holocaust and Iraqi Genocide (post-1990 violent and non-violent excess deaths 4.4 million), the US and its Iraqi Puppet Régime are grossly understating post-invasion mortality rates to the United Nations Population Division.
In the 2006 Revision of the United Nations Population Division the crude death rate in “deaths per 1,000 of population” was given as 8.3 (1980-1985), 6.9 (1985-1990), 9.6 (1990-1995; Gulf War and commencement of Sanctions in 1990 and Bombing in 1991), 10.0 (1995-2000), 10.6 (2000-2005; the invasion and occupation of Iraq commenced in March 2003); and 9.1 (2005-2010).
This data makes sense in that one would have expected the successive impositions of Sanctions, Bombing, War and finally violent Occupation would have increased the death rate in this period.
Further, the above estimates are conservative because the classic epidemiological study on post-invasion Iraq by top US medical epidemiologists estimated a crude death rate of 13.3 per 1,000 people per year in the 40 months post-invasion. .
Using UN Population Division data on the population of Iraq in the 1990-2009 period and using as a baseline death rate the 4 per 1,000 of population obtaining in a range of peaceful Developing Countries with similar demographics, the mid-1990-December 2009 non-violent excess deaths (non-violent avoidable deaths) were calculated to be 2.8 million.
Using the 2006 Revision of the United Nations Population Division one can readily estimate mid-1990- December 2009 under-5 year old infant deaths as 2.1 million.
It has been determined from World demographic data that the ratio of under-5 infant deaths/total non-violent avoidable deaths is about 0.7 for impoverished developing World countries. [2, 3].
Accordingly, one can estimate mid-1990-December 2009 excess deaths as 2.1 million/0.7 = 3.0 million, this being in good agreement with the above estimate of 2.8 million.
However “American Democracy” has intervened to radically distort this picture. In 2005, the Americans, having followed standard US global policies and murdered or imprisoned all the Iraqi political activists they didn’t like, proceeded to hold “democratic elections” from which any survivors were also excluded. Nouri al-Maliki was elected to the US Puppet “Transitional National Assembly” in 2005 and became Prime Minister of the US Puppet Iraqi Régime in mid-2006.
This fraudulent exercise in “American Democracy” was rapidly reflected in UN Population Division statistics.
Thus in the 2008 Revision of the United Nations Population Division the crude death rate in “deaths per 1,000 of population” was given as 9.0 (1980-1985), 7.9 (1985-1990; a similar downward trend as for the 2006 Revision) , 6.7 (1990-1995; a further DECLINE despite the Gulf War and commencement of Sanctions in 1990 and Bombing in 1991), 5.2 (1995-2000; a further DECLINE despite Sanctions and massive Bombing), 5.3 (2000-2005; the invasion and occupation of Iraq commenced in 2003 but this massive imposition evidently had no significant effect on Iraqi death rate); and 6.1 (2005-2010; a huge decline from the 1985-1990 figure despite nearly 2 decades of impositions variously including Sanctions, Bombing, War and Occupation).
From this unbelievable post-2006 Iraqi data one can calculate mid-1990-December non-violent excess deaths as 0.8 million (as compared to the pre-2006 data estimate of 2.8-3.0 million).
This evident US and US Iraqi Puppet Régime fraud also extends to under-5 infant mortality data.
Thus the 2002 Revision UN Population Division data for under-5 infant mortality in Iraq in “deaths per 1,000 live births” was 205 (1950-1955), 172 (1955-1960), 160 (1960-1965), 136 (1965-1970), 116 (1970-1975), 93 (1975-1980), 73 (1980-1985), 57 (1985-1990), 82 (1990-1995), 131 (1995-2000), and 131 (200-205).
The 2006 Revision data is similar, specifically 124 (1995-2000), 124 (2000-2005), and 105 (2005-2010). Using the 2006 Revision data one calculates mid-1990-December 2009 under-5 infant deaths totalling 2.1 million.
However the US and US Iraqi Puppet Régime data reflected in the 2008 Revision tells a radically different story. The under-5 infant mortality in Iraq in “deaths per 1,000 live births” was asserted in the 2008 Revision data to be 56 (1995-2000; a DECREASE from that before the Sanctions that are generally attributed as the cause of massive infant mortality in Iraq in the period 1990-2003); 45 (2000-2005; a further DECREASE under more Sanctions and Bombing and then Invasion and Occupation); and 41 (2005-2010; a further DECREASE after nearly 2 decades of Sanctions, Bombing and violent Occupation).
The mid-1990-December 2009 Iraqi under-5 infant deaths from the US and US Puppet Iraqi Régime data of the 2008 Revision total 0.8 million, 2.6 times lower than that determined using pre-2006 UN data.
As for post-invasion violent deaths in Iraq, 1990-2009, assessment is complicated by the position of the US military as summarized by US General Tommy Franks: “We don’t do body counts”. .
It has been estimated that 0.2 million Iraqis died in the Gulf War. Iraq Body Count currently estimates 95,000-103,000 violent post-invasion Iraqi death, but these estimates derive from utterly untrustworthy media and Puppet Government reports from a war zone. A 2008 US, US Puppet Iraqi Régime and WHO study has found about 150,000 post-invasion Iraqi violent deaths occurred between March 2003 and June 2006, this estimate being 4 times lower than the estimate from surveys by top US medical epidemiologists and the UK polling company ORB (see below). [4, 5].
Studies by top US medical epidemiologists from Public Health Schools of Johns Hopkins and Columbia University published in the top medical journal The Lancet indicated about 0.6 million violent Iraqi post-invasion deaths by July 2006. This work has been confirmed by the UK ORB polling company. The prestigious US organization Just Foreign Policy using such data now estimates post-invasion Iraqi violent deaths at 1.4 million. [1, 6].
For further details about the ongoing Iraqi Holocaust and Iraqi Genocide see “Iraqi Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide” , “Iraq Genocide Essays”  and “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide” .
1. According to the 2006 Revision UN Population Division data, medical literature data, and other authoritative sources, the Iraqi Holocaust has been associated with 1.1 million post-invasion non-violent avoidable deaths; 1.4 million violent post-invasion deaths; and 0.9 million post-invasion under-5 infant deaths (90% avoidable and due to gross US Coalition violation of the Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War which demands that an Occupier supplies food and medical requisites to “the fullest extent of the means available to it.” In addition, avoidable deaths under Sanctions (1990-2003) totalled 1.7 million, violent deaths in the Gulf War totalled 0.2 million and under-5 infant deaths under Sanctions totalled 1.2 million. Iraqi refugees (both inside and outside Iraq) total 5-6 million.
2. The ongoing Iraqi Holocaust (1990-2009) involves 1.6 million violent deaths, 2.8 million non-violent excess deaths, 4.4 million violent and non-violent excess deaths, 1.9 million avoidable under-5 year old infant deaths and 5-6 million refugees – an Iraqi Genocide according to the UN Genocide Convention definition of “acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group“. The Iraqi Genocide – still continuing under Nobel Peace Laureate Obama – is of a similar magnitude to the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation). [7, 8].
3. The US and US Puppet Iraqi Régime assertions, as reflected in 2008 Revision UN Population Division data, would have us believe that nearly 2 decades of Sanctions, Bombing, War and violent Occupation imposed on Iraq resulted in a steady decline in under-5 year old infant mortality, general death rate and avoidable death rate in Iraq.
4. The US under Obama and the US Puppet Iraqi Régime are involved in horrendous Iraqi Holocaust commission, Iraqi Holocaust denial, Iraqi Genocide commission and Iraqi Genocide denial.
5. All those politicians, public servants, academics and journalists complicit in the ongoing Iraqi Holocaust and Iraqi Genocide (most notably George Bush Senior, Bill Clinton, George Bush Junior, Barack Obama, John Howard, Kevin Rudd, Gordon Brown and Tony Blair) should be arraigned for complicity in war crimes and genocide and /or for being accessories after the fact of war crimes and genocide.
. Gilbert Burnham, Riyadh Lafta, Shannon Doocy & Les Roberts, “Mortality after the 2003 invasion of Iraq: a cross-sectional cluster sample survey”, The Lancet, October 2006: http://brusselstribunal.org/pdf/lan… .
. Gideon Polya, “Layperson’s guide to calculating Iraq deaths”. MWC News, 6 April 2006: http://sites.google.com/site/iraqge… .
. Gideon Polya, “Iraq and Afghanistan: how many dying?”, pp 78-80, in “Haditha Ethics – from Iraqi to Iran?”, ed. Ken Coates, Spokesman for Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation, London, 2006).
. Iraq Body Count: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ .
. WHO, :New study estimates 151,000 violent Iraqi deaths since Iraq invasion [March 2003-June 2006]”: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news… .
. Just Foreign Policy: http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/ .
. Gilbert, M. (1969), Jewish History Atlas (Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London).
. Gilbert, M. (1982), Atlas of the Holocaust (Michael Joseph, London).
. “Iraqi Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide”: http://sites.google.com/site/iraqih… .
. “Iraq Genocide Essays”: http://sites.google.com/site/iraqge… .
 “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide”: http://sites.google.com/site/muslim….